Someone called me a groupie once

I nearly rocked a jaw.

Now, I understand, that as a regular person on the street, I probably shouldn't know so many random people. I admit it, I rather enjoy talking to strangers. I like meeting new people, and I like it even more when those people enjoy meeting me as well. Now, to not consider a musician a person, is the first flaw.

Flaw #1: Band members are not real people.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is very much not the case. On a stage, sure, those people are entertainers. It is their job to feel and seem larger than life. To engage you and make you experience emotions with them through music. It's what they have trained themselves to do. Offstage, however, am I really still obligated to consider them gods? I think not. 

Flaw #2: Thinking that the only people I meet are band members.

I manage to wrangle up enough money to go to a concert maybe once every two months. And that's if I'm lucky and something that I like happens to be passing through. It's a little more common now that I'm living in New York, but that doesn't mean that I frequent concert halls enough to have flyer miles. That means, that my chances of meeting a musician, as opposed to a someone walking down the road that I see hundreds of daily, are very slim in comparison. So, yes, I may manage to meet people who know how to play an instrument, and sure, the might like me as a human, but that doesn't mean that they count for only 2% of the amount of actual people that I meet and know.

Flaw #3: Assuming the only reason I want to meet these people is for perks and sex.

Sometimes I just want to hit someone. The fact that people assume that I only want to meet other people for what they can give me [no, please tell me. What can they possibly give me?! It's not like I'm friends with Beyonce!] or so that I can brag about the intercourse [what intercourse? When have I been having sex?!] makes me believe that people must just not like me. Because once you call a person out on their character, obviously there is a problem. I don't want anything, regardless of it being money or sex. I don't ask for anything from anyone, regardless of who they are.

And damn you to hell if you think otherwise. I don't like defamation.





//Ranting at 3 am//

. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

About Me

My photo
I am everything you think I am. I will always fall short of your expectations.
Powered by Blogger.